10 Ways Our Family and Friends Used Essential Oils this Week
By Audrey Miller
Essential oils, known as natures living energy, are the natural, aromatic volatile liquids found in shrubs, flowers, trees, roots, bushes, and seeds. Essential oils are extracted from aromatic plant sources via steam distillation, and are highly concentrated and far more potent than dry herbs.
1. Husband “ate something” which led to vomiting in the night. He took 1 capsule of Di-Gize essential oil blend (Peppermint would work here also) and was fine by morning!
2. Scratchy throat (Sarah & Audrey) – Diffused Thieves and Peppermint essential oil blend and took “Cold Bomb” capsule – scratchy throat was gone in that day! (receive the Cold Bomb recipe on Feb 26th in class) TIP: Attacking whatever is happening at the first sign of a symptom will have much better results than waiting until something has taken hold. Do you have your oils on hand? Find out which oils to have on hand on Feb 26th!
3. Hormonal issues – instant relief from PMS (one friend) and hot flashes (another friend) with Progessence Plus essential-oil infused progesterone serum. There is nothing like this out there. I just pop a roller ball on my bottle and carry it with me throughout the day to swipe on my neck. Progesterone is your “happy hormone!” and what a friend it is!
4. Back issues and stress relief (Audrey) relieved with Raindrop Technique. (Not to mention the amazing night of sleep one gets after a Raindrop!)
5. Sunshine (our male cat) territorial-fighting with another male cat got his ear scratched and was bleeding. Nipped it in the bud with Purification!
6. Jim’s (husband) painful smashed thumb from moving cement blocks at Mid-Winter Blues Buster meeting while setting up the spa area. Used 1 drop each of Frankincense, PanAway and Palo Santo took the pain away, reduced the swelling to none, and ended up with zero bruising.
7. Just found out about a ‘secret’ way to get rid of acne! But it’s a secret! (Which will be revealed at class on Feb 26th) Shhhhh…………; )
8. Sarah (into fitness and exercising!) used Black Pepper and AromaSiez to eliminate muscle soreness, as well as rebuild the muscle.
9. Audrey used Brain Power and Clarity while working on taxes to remain alert and have sharpness of mind. Not being a numbers person, (I would rather be doing something creative than working with numbers) the oils (both topically and diffusing) made what could have been a tedious and mind-numbing task one that was almost enjoyable!!
10. Grandma June has numerous issues – allergies, asthma, arthritis – and that’s just the “A’s”!! She didn’t need another challenge of the flu on top of it! So when she was exposed to it, we made sure to give her lots of NingXia Red (huge immune-booster and antioxidant) as well as apply oils to the bottom of her feet – ImmuPower, Oregano, Thieves, as well as Peace & Calming. So far – so good!!
Final comment – we are blessed not to have serious issues in our immediate family, so our uses of the oils are more for the ‘everyday’ issues like burns, cut, etc. We believe that Prevention is so much better than trying to battle a serious issue, so we have been using the essential oils everyday for over 12 years. We believe this is one of the main reasons we have been able to stay healthy. (diet is # 1)
However, should a serious health issue happen in our family, we have the utmost confidence that Young Living’s therapeutic –grade essential oils (there is a huge difference in essential oils) would be able to handle anything that comes along, as they have already proven themselves to do for numerous people. God made them to be perfectly compatible with the bodies that He made, and He gave them to us for our health and wellness since the beginning of time.
March 12, 2013 Dr. Mom Workshop! Round Lake Beach, 7pm
Register today by email: Erin@GetBetterWellness.com